Do you know Jesus?
1. Everyone needs salvation, because we have all gone our own way and lived without God. The Bible calls this sin.
(Romans 3:10-12, Romans 3:23 NIV) As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one." for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
2. The consequence of sin is separation from God forever.
(Romans 6:23 NIV) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. Jesus paid the price, the penalty of our sins. He took the punishment in our place.
(Romans 5:8 NIV) But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
4. We receive salvation and eternal life by turning away from our old life. The Bible calls this repentance. Then we make the decision to put our faith in Jesus Christ.
(Romans 10:9-10, Romans 10:13 NIV) If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
5. Salvation through Jesus Christ brings us into relationship with God forever.
(Romans 5:1 NIV) Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, He that is in you is greater than he who is in the world!
(Romans 8:38-39 NIV) For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
How to receive God’s gift of salvation.
1. Admit that you have gone your own way and lived without God. The Bible calls this sin. 2. Realize that you deserve the consequence of sin, which is separation from God forever.
3. Believe that Jesus paid the price, the consequence of our sins. He died in your place. 4. Repent (Ask for Forgiveness). Stop living life your own way. Turn away from your old life and turn toward God.
5. Receive salvation and a relationship with God forever by putting your trust in Jesus Christ.
Lord Jesus, please forgive me for going my own way and living life apart from you. Today, I believe that you paid the price for my sins. You died in my place. Thank you! Today I am making the decision to turn away from my old life and to turn toward you. I ask that you would come into my life and save me. I receive the gift you purchased for me on the cross. I receive an eternal relationship with God by putting my faith in you. Help me to live my life for you from this day forward. Amen.
1. Tell someone about your decision!
Did you pray this prayer and make this decision today? Let us know! We would love to get to know you and provide some resources to help you get started in your life with Jesus. Please fill in your contact information by clicking this link and filling out some basic information: I said yes to Jesus! Please leave a comment and let us know of your good news!
2. Come to one of our services.
Being a brand new christian is a whole lot bigger then you thought. When you said yes to Jesus you said yes to being part of the family of God. We would love to meet you and help you along in your new jounrey.
3. Sign up for Batpsim.
Baptism is a public declaration of an internal grace. In baptism, we symbolically die to our old ways and come alive to our new life in Christ. Baptism is a time of great celebration of your new journey! Let us celebreate with you! Baptisms are done quarterly. To sign up for our next baptism please click this link: I want to be Baptized!